The largest Russian grid event International Conference "Distributed Computing and Grid-technologies in Science and Education" will be held at the Laboratory of Information Technologies (LIT) of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR) on 16-21 July, 2012. The conference takes place in Dubna - a quiet and picturesque town near Moscow standing on the Volga river.
The conference will cover following topics :
* Experience accumulated on the implementation and exploitation of grid infrastructures;
* Methods and technologies of distributed computing, architecture topics;
* Network infrastructure for distributed data processing and storage;
* Algorithms and methods of solving applied problems in distributed computing environments;
* Theory, modeling, and methods of distributed data processing;
* Distributed information systems: implementation technologies and usage;
* Cloud computing and consolidation of the distributed resources;
* Grid-applications in science (high-energy physics, computational chemistry, biology and biomedicine, Earth science, economics, etc.);
* Education in the field of distributed computing and Grid technologies.
The conference will have the special Desktop Grid track devoted to the end of the DEGISCO project and Desktop Grid tutorial. More information on abstract submission, visas, travel and accommodation is available from the conference web-site: http://grid2012.jinr.ru